Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Book Review 5


if you cannot read the title...it is "Beyond Roots: In Search of Blacks in the Bible"...

back in the 70's arthur custance wrote a series of books titled "the doorway papers"...by the way, they are online to read if anyone would like to...anyway...custance had a ph.d in anthropology and several other degrees in linguistics and bible and wrote on some very interesting topics...one of his volumes of the doorway papers was called "Noah's Three Sons"...which he expounds on ethnicity as related to the bible etc...anyway...because i had read that, when i saw this book by mckissic it perked my interest...this is a great little book...a quick easy read...i believe his basic concepts are true and accurate according to the bible and history...

post script: custance also wrote a book about the "gap theory"...this book is not very well known among lower "theologians" (college students, pastors, undergrad profs)...but is very well know among the old testament "heavy hitters"...and though most disagree with the "gap theory"...NO ONE...i repeat NO ONE has ever been able to refute the linguistic and biblical evidence presented by custance for a gap between genesis 1:1 & genesis 1:2...

later from 3rd St.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping out my mom today. After all the blog-stalking I do I figured if anyone knew how to find that book you would. She thinks I'm brilliant now for telling her to call your store, but really I just spend too much time on the internet.

Sarah (Thompson) Kelley

... said...

glad to help!