Sunday, January 13, 2008

game system

this weekend our ss-class took a little trip to 1984...the only way it would have been better is if we had dressed for the occasion...maybe next time we will bust out the parachute pants etc...anyway...because i wanted to remain somewhat social, i played only one distracted game of ms pacman...however...a few of us explored the wonderful world of donkey kong...i had NEVER played dk before this weekend...LOVED IT...so i have been on a mission to buy a "game system" this weekend...note...i am not a "gamer"...wii sounds fun...maybe later...i want ms pacman and donkey kong in my house...and i would rather not spend a bunch of loot...here is the deal though...to find the original ms pacman and donkey kong...the old school NES is the only one that has both games...which is fine with me...it is the only one that i have played for more than a couple of hours...i believe i got one for my 9th or 10th b-day...anyway...for you kids...the NES is the great-great grandfather of the wii...NES...superNES...64...gamecube...wii...

i have not bought one yet...i will need the console...2 controllers...and the JOYSTICK is a MUST HAVE...then i will buy ms pacman, donkey kong, mario bros, duck hunt, (perhaps tecmo bowl, rad racer, etc.)...

i have never enjoyed the newer systems...dont get me wrong...007 and starfox 4 players were fun back in the lake days...but when ever games started requiring you to hit 89 buttoms at the same time while you hold down 74 other thingymajiggers...well...lets just say thats not for me...

if anyone has an original NES for sale let me know...if not ebay here i come...

later from the deer track...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the original NES. Along with about 30+ classics (including Mario 1, 2, and 3, duckhunt, tecmobowl, punchout, etc.) Unfortunately it isn't for sale. And I've yet to determine how much I want to charge you to come over and play.
Laters.

SammyB said...

Yo, I bought one of these a few months back.
I got back into the nostalgic Nintendo craze, and introduced my sons to it. I think I only have about 2-3 games right now, but I did buy it with the original box, 2 controllers, duck hunt gun, etc.

I will sell it, just call or email me.

Anonymous said...

listen!!!! if you get a nintendo, puleeezz, get xcite-bike. puleeez!

with that and tecmobowl.....uummmmm yeah!

kids, in a great video football game, you can drop back 99 yards to throw a 1 yard td pass. that is videogame!!

Anonymous said...

What about Contra? Up up down down, a b a b!

htuck